Thermoses with a pump: description and selection
More than a hundred years have passed since the German entrepreneur Reinhold Burger invented the thermos. This universal household appliance is designed to store liquid at a constant temperature, which may be lower or higher than the ambient temperature. Today there are many varieties of thermoses with a very convenient and uncomplicated design. One of these options is a thermos with a pump.
Device and principle of operation
A tube is placed inside the thermos with a pneumatic pump, and the end of the pump fits through the hole to the cover. To turn on the mechanism, press a special button or lever - after that, the liquid will come out. In expensive models there is a dispenser that sets the volume of the drink poured at a time. In order to stop pouring fluid, you need to set the button or lever in the appropriate position.
Thus, a vacuum flask with a pneumatic pump is a system that stores liquid inside the thermos at the required temperature for a long time, because there is no need to unscrew the lid. This means that the contents of the container are not exposed to cooling or heating.
Advantages and disadvantages
Pump thermoses, like all household appliances, have their advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of using thermoses with pneumatic pump include the following points:
- keep the required temperature of the liquid for a long time;
- this type of thermos is spacious and has a wide comfortable neck;
- the design can be used by people who, due to age, cannot unscrew and tighten the lid tightly;
- the locking system in such a thermos helps prevent liquid spillage;
- thanks to the rotating base, the container does not need to be lifted in order to put it at a different angle - it can be turned on the table with a slight movement of the hand.
- thermos with a pump are large;
- this design is characterized by high cost;
- Constant care must be taken to prevent clogging of the pump.
Today, the range of pump thermoses is quite wide, which allows you to find the best option. Qualitative models include modifications described below.
- Thermos. Thermal cookware of this popular American brand is the key to high quality and safety. The TPR 2200 MPP pump-type thermos 2.2 liter in stylish gray color was no exception. Such a device has a wide nose and a 360-degree rotating base. This thermos with a durable glass flask and a polished case is made of stainless steel.
Thanks to good vacuum insulation, drinks remain hot for up to 12 hours, and cold for up to 24 hours.
- La Playa. The German brand Glass Filler Pump Pot model has a volume of 1.9 liters and a beautiful silver color. The glass flask is made without asbestos components and is absolutely safe, and the case is made of stainless steel. This thermos belongs to the category of desktop and is not intended for transportation. It has a swivel base and a robust linkage.
- Zojirushi. The AAPE-19 model of a well-known Japanese company is distinguished primarily by its exquisite design. The metal case is covered with colored enamel with the image of fruits, orchids or cocoa shoots. Thermos with a pump has a volume of 1.85 liters and a rotating base. This model also has a lock against accidental water supply and a carrying handle.
- "Geyser". The products of this brand are produced in Russia at the Ashinsky Metallurgical Plant. Desktop thermoses with a narrow neck and air pump are represented by volumes of 2 and 3 liters. Products of this design have a stainless steel casing with high thermal insulation and a durable metal flask. In one press, you can pour up to 100 ml of liquid.
Thermoses are recommended to be stored and transported only in an upright position.
- Bartscher. The large thermos with pump from this German brand with a volume of 5 liters is made of stainless steel. It has a silver color, and the handle and cover are made of black plastic. This model is equipped with a bottom that rotates 360 degrees, as well as a pump cover fuse and a carrying handle.
How to choose?
To choose a high-quality and safe thermos with a pump, you need to carefully study the advice of specialists.
- It is worth remembering: the larger the volume of the flask, the longer the drinks will retain heat or cold.
- You should carefully inspect the thermos for scratches, cracks and chips.
- You need to open the lid and smell it - a quality product should not have an unpleasant odor.
- It is definitely worth checking the operation of buttons or levers.
- A thermos flask with a 2-liter air pump is conveniently transported in a car, and the three-liter version is perfect for business meetings, negotiations and other official events.
- The cost of a thermos with a pump, as a rule, depends on the popularity of the manufacturer, the material of manufacture and volume. High-quality and safe models of proven brands can not be cheap.
- To check the quality of the vacuum, pour boiling water into the container and leave for 24 hours. If the temperature of the liquid in a day is below 55 degrees, then the thermos does not hold heat well.
In order for the thermos with pomp to last as long as possible, some details should be noted.
- Before the first use, the container should be thoroughly washed.
- Before pouring the liquid, it is necessary to warm the flask with boiling water. To do this, leave boiling water in it for half an hour, and then drain it and fill it with the desired liquid.
- It must be remembered that only water, tea or coffee can be poured into a thermos with a pneumatic pump. In no case do you need to pour carbonated drinks inside, since carbon dioxide damages the metal.
- Do not use heavy drinks, teas with fruits or leaves, so as not to clog the pump.
- It is not recommended to pour too much liquid - at least 1 cm should remain to the edge of the neck.
- The pump must be flushed and cleaned periodically.
- Do not wash the product using alkali solutions.
- Store the pump thermos in an upright position with a lid tightly closed.
Modern thermoses with a pneumatic pump easy to operate, do not require opening the lid, and a protective pump reliably prevents spills.
If there are children and elderly people at home, then such a device would be an ideal option for households.
In the next video, you will have an overview and test of the LaPlaya desktop pump-top thermos.