Today, many girls spend a lot of time and money on their manicure. Not everyone goes to beauty salons. Some do it on their own. For the result to be amazing, it is important to correctly use brushes for manicure.
Types and purpose
Tools for manicure are always available in specialized stores. There they are implemented both individually and in sets. Usually it includes several basic brushes, which are almost always necessary to perform different types of manicure. Each of them has its own purpose:
- A point brush is used to apply small parts. With its help it is possible to carefully draw various patterns on the nail. It also holds rhinestones or sparkles well.
- The "petal" brush has a narrower corner than the dot brush, and the shape is flatter. It is applied with simple strokes or sparkles, as well as unusual patterns. This tool often creates ethnic motifs on the nails.
- A fan brush will be needed to apply abstract drawings and landscapes to the nail. This allows you to make its shape in the form of a semicircle. She blends shades and undertones well and applies glitter.
- For the simultaneous collection of several varnishes choose a flat beveled brush, which is also called "dagger-shaped". With its help, you can create both a thin and complex three-dimensional pattern.
- To completely cover the surface of the nail with varnish, you need a wide brush. This tool allows you to implement interesting and intricate ideas for manicure.
- A short-nap device usually draws leaflets and all kinds of curls.
- The liner brush, or hair, happens with a pile of different lengths. She can create animalistic drawings, floral ornaments, geometric patterns or draw straight lines.
Manicure brushes are also divided into 4 groups. The criterion is the material with which they will work.
- Paint brushes used if it is necessary to make drawings with your favorite varnish, but the brush in the bottle itself does not correspond to the desired thickness. They can also do pedicures, since their length is longer than the length of the brush in the varnish.
- Acrylic modeling brushes necessary to build up nails. With their help create the necessary bend and model the shape. They differ in rigidity and length of pile. The bundle of the brush is resilient and easily restores its original shape after pressing. The tip of this tool neatly spreads the powder while creating the cuticle line.
- Gel brushes differ in their structure. Pile is stiffer than other brushes. In shape they resemble a square or rectangle. Due to these properties, such a tool is easy to work with a fluid and viscous gel.
- Nail Art Brushes there is always a set of masters in art painting.
What material to choose?
It is difficult for novice specialists in nail art to decide on the choice of material from which the brushes for manicure are created. It can be natural or synthetic. The final result depends on its features.
The material for making natural brushes is usually sable wool or a column. Pile of these brushes is of high quality. They do not require special care, but at the same time they will last a long time. With such tools it is convenient to draw ornaments of varying complexity using various types of paints.
The polymer material from which synthetic devices for manicure are made significantly reduces their cost. These brushes hold the varnish well and do not allow it to spread.
They are recommended for beginners, because they are well suited for practicing and practicing patterns. But it should be borne in mind that their shelf life is much shorter.
The main advantage of silicone brushes is their durability. At this point, they surpass even natural pile tools. Such brushes are convenient to apply small parts.
Professional craftsmen prefer devices made from natural fibers. They appreciate their dense structure, moderate rigidity and long service life.
In order for the tool to last as long as possible, it must be properly looked after. Manicure brushes must be used exclusively for nail design. You should not draw them on paper so as not to deform the pile. When using ordinary paint instead of varnish, hairs often fall out.
Not only a long stay of the brush in the water leads to a change in its shape, but even a short one will lead to the loss of the original appearance of the pile. You can return it by holding the brush in hot water for several minutes.
So that the varnish does not dry out on the bristles of the brush, they must be washed immediately after use. If you do not do it on time, you will need acetone to clean them, which damages the structure of the fibers. Brush bristles will be very quickly erased when using a palette with an uneven surface. To avoid this result, do not rub the tool on a napkin with force.
To extend the life of the instrument, cuticle oil should be applied to it at the end of the procedure. Only well-dried brushes can be put in the storage case. Exposure to the hot air of the hair dryer will be detrimental to the pile of tools.
How to make at home?
Beginners to work out patterns and small details can make a tool for designing nails from an ordinary brush for drawing with watercolor paints. This is easy to do on your own at home, having only a brush and tongs.
With the help of manicure tongs, small tufts of villi are carefully removed at the very base of the brush from the edge to the center. It is necessary to try so that as a result the brush is in the middle and does not move to one side. Cut the pile in small sections so as not to damage the tool. The number of cut fibers is determined by the required size of the future tool.
A good inexpensive brush for painting can be converted into a tool of the necessary design and size. Caring for it is the same as for a specialized brush for manicure.
It is important to remember the caring attitude to the tool so that it lasts as long as possible.
What can be replaced?
Novice nail designers can use paint brushes instead of expensive professional gadgets. It can be wide or narrow brushes, depending on the purpose of their application. It’s good to train and gain experience.
What patterns can be done?
Having brushes of various sizes and shapes in the arsenal, you can realize unique and delightful fantasy designs. To teach art painting, you need to start with simple lines, and then combine them into a common composition. As soon as the hand moves confidently, you can move on to a more original and complex ornament.
With a petal brush, Chinese painting is performed on the nails. This technique represents plant motifs: twigs, flowers, and trees. It uses various techniques, such as wave, aqua, openwork, smooth surface. The result looks original and very romantic on the nails.
A flat brush finds its application in creating an ombre effect on nails, in which one shade smoothly transforms into another. To do this, you need to add several different colors to the palette. You can also create a gradient effect on the nails with the help of a sponge. This design of nails is suitable not only for every day, but also for special occasions.
A thin brush perfectly draws a smile line for a French manicure. This elegant design can be done in any color. In this case, the nails look very stylish.
Glittering your fingernail is most convenient with a fan brush. The pre-desired area is treated with colorless varnish. Before it dries, you can distribute the spangles, sprinkling them with a fan brush on the nail. To remove excess, use a cotton swab.
All kinds of patterns can be obtained depending on the thickness and length of the pile. A thin brush, the pile of which is more than 10 mm, allows you to get long, neat lines in the picture. More often used tools with pile thickness from 7 to 10 mm. They can create wave-like patterns on the nails. Twigs and ornaments are made with a brush from 3 to 7 mm thick.7 photos
It’s easy to create a popular Gzhel painting in manicure using a wide flat brush. This painting is based on plot and floral ornaments that are applied with brush strokes to a white background of nails. The most common elements of Gzhel painting patterns include strokes, lines and dots. There are more complex options in the form of edging, droplets and brush strokes with a shadow.
Brushes for manicure can be compared with the artist’s tools, with which the masters realize their unusual fantasies and ideas on canvas-nails. Manicure can become a real creative process in which each girl can show her individuality and make her nails creative and non-standard.
This video tells about the care and storage of brushes for manicure.