Smooth beautiful skin always attracts representatives of the opposite sex. However, it is not always possible to get rid of unwanted hairs on the body easily and painlessly. Recently, shugaring has become a common procedure. What he is and why many women prefer this particular method, we will consider in the article.
What it is?
Sugar hair removal - the second name of shugaring. This procedure will help to quickly and painlessly remove unwanted hairs. The essence of the procedure is the elimination of hairs with a sticky paste, based on sugar. Such a viscous caramel is of different consistencies. You can create a cosmetic product yourself or buy in a store.
Of course, there are other ways to eliminate hated hairs on the body, but it is shugaring that is becoming popular among the fair sex. After all, the skin will be perfect and smooth for about two weeks, and the procedure itself can be carried out independently at home.
Interestingly, another name for this procedure is Persian hair removal. This is the way the ladies of Persia used it so that their skin was always smooth and beautiful. This method was also used in Egypt. Consider the main advantages of shugaring:
- One of the first advantages is the naturalness of this product. Sugar hair removal can easily withstand even the most delicate parts of the body. In addition, the product is hypoallergenic, unlike, for example, a wax procedure. It is the preservatives that are included in the wax mass that often cause allergies.
- Ease of use. You will feel only comfort and coziness throughout the procedure. This type of hair removal will be an excellent option for owners of sensitive dermis. Also, the procedure is almost painless. This is also a clear plus for many women.
- Thanks to shugaring, you can even remove ingrown hairs that usually appear when using a razor.
- Sugar paste helps to actively care for your dermis, gently soften the hair, penetrating deep into the hair follicle. It is worth noting that with the removal of hairs, the dead layer of the epithelium is also removed.
- The ease of the procedure. You can carefully and carefully remove hairs even in the most prominent places, for example, the armpit or bikini area.
- Due to the fact that during this procedure the hairs are removed in the direction of their growth, there will be no cases of ingrowth.
- The procedure has virtually no contraindications.
- Saving is another important criterion. You can save your family budget. Now you will not need to visit expensive beauty salons. You can independently carry out this procedure at home. The main ingredients of the product include sugar and lemon. These products are not so expensive compared to other cosmetic products.
- With constant use, you will see that the growth of hairs has slowed, and they themselves have thinned. Thus, each procedure will be easier and easier.
- Great mood. When you have smooth legs, an ideal zone of armpits and a bikini, you will feel confident in any situation, which means that all things will be much easier and more relaxed. An excellent mood is the key to the success of every person.
Many ladies confuse such two definitions as hair removal and depilation. It is worth noting that the latter term means the removal of only that part of the hair that is visible on the surface. In this case, the hair follicle continues to exist. But epilation helps to destroy the root itself. As a result, hair growth stops for a rather long period of time.
Shugaring should also be carried out depending on the growth of hairs. Usually the skin will be smooth within two to four weeks. You can only remove hairs when their length is at least 2 mm. For an initial acquaintance with the procedure, it will be enough to perform such actions once every three weeks or once a month. Over time, the vegetation will not be so noticeable, and you will be able to build your schedule personally. Regular such a procedure will provide your dermis with full cleansing.
It should be noted that shugaring paste is exclusively sugar. It is easy to buy in a store or create it yourself. In addition to sugar itself, lemon juice and plant extracts are usually included in the mixture. They help soothe the skin after the procedure. You can also cook the sugar mixture yourself.
What should be the mixture?
As for what the mixture should be, there are several options. The consistency of the product will depend on many factors: the warmth of the room, the stiffness of the hair, the area of hair removal, etc. Therefore, it is worthwhile to carefully prepare for the process and take into account all the nuances.
If you prepare the composition at home on your own, then you should wait until the sugar has completely dissolved. The paste itself should be a golden-caramel scale. If it does not spread on the fingers and does not stick, then this is the optimal consistency.
It is worth noting that if you are initially not confident in your abilities, and you want to realize shugaring at home, then you should use ready-made substances. The cosmetic store will offer you many of these products. Many women prefer to choose only trusted companies. These include Gloria, Maris, Vox, Epilogue. Satisfied users of this procedure have already appreciated their high quality, optimal consistency and cost.
How to choose?
To ensure that the procedure is of high quality and you achieve the appropriate result, it is worth choosing the right sugar paste. It can be of a very different consistency. Of course, if this is your first encounter with such a procedure, it will be difficult to independently prepare the optimal sugar composition. It is better to purchase it in stores. In this case, several facts should be taken into account:
- If you use a bandage technique, you will need a more gentle and softened paste. For manual work, a more dense consistency tool will be suitable.
- Different areas of the body also have different temperatures, differing by one or two degrees. For an area with a higher temperature, a harder paste is also needed.
- If you have warm hands, then it is worth using a more rigid option. The same indicator can be attributed to the room. The hotter, the sugar composition should be denser.
- If the vegetation is hard, then the substance should be more dense.
There are several types of such a product:
- Ultra soft. This option is used for bandage technology. Special skills and practice of working with such a tool are required. Therefore, it is better to provide work to an experienced salon specialist.
- Bandage. The paste is in a semi-liquid state. With it, you can perfectly remove the hairs on the arms and legs.
- Soft. This option will be a great choice for beginners. This consistency will be optimal for any area of the body (excluding bikinis). Due to its softness, the consistency is evenly distributed throughout the body.
- Medium hardness. This type of paste is well suited for arms, legs, armpits, as well as for the intimate area. You can buy such a substance in finished form, but you can get a paste on your own, combining a soft and hard consistency.
- Tough. This view prefers clarity and accuracy of action. With this option, hard hairs are removed. At the same time, specialists with hot hands should use it.
How to cook?
To prepare a sugar substance to eliminate unwanted hairs, you should purchase all the necessary components:
- Sugar. Six teaspoons should be taken.
- Pure water. Two teaspoons will be enough.
- Lemon juice. You need to squeeze two teaspoons.
- Special metal container.
- Wooden spatula.
It is necessary to combine all the elements in the prepared container. Now put the product on the stove. The fire should be weak. The mixture should be mixed regularly until you smell a pleasant caramel. Then it is worth adding the juice of lemon and immediately remove the substance from the fire. Cover the container with a lid, and let the whole mass go there for ten minutes. Then it is worth letting the mass cool for about three hours.
It is worth noting that the amount of each component can be different. Everything will depend on your wishes. This will come with practice and experience.
There is another recipe with sugar and citric acid. It is worth taking ten tablespoons of sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of citric acid, two tablespoons of water. All components should also be thoroughly mixed in a metal container. The mixture is also placed on a small fire and brought to the complete dissolution of sugar. Then the sweet syrup is placed in a cool place so that its temperature becomes about 40-50 degrees. Now the mass is ready for use.
How to cook paste for shugaring see in the next video.
Preparation for the procedure
Whether you are going to do shugaring for the face, upper lip, antennae, lower leg, buttocks, or adjust a deep bikini, it is worthwhile to carefully prepare for the procedure. First, you need to choose the right materials and tools. Then observe the correct length of the hairs (up to 5 mm). Initially prepare the skin by degreasing it and sprinkling it with talcum powder. This will provide better grip of the hairs. You should also know the basics of using sugar paste.
This indicator is important. Indeed, with short hairs, the work will be much longer and more difficult, and with long hairs you can increase your pain. The optimum length should not exceed 5 mm.
Of course, shugaring, at first glance, is a completely harmless procedure that has no limits. However, there are contraindications. Firstly, you should not use this type of hair removal during pregnancy, during menstruation. It is not recommended to complete the process after the treatment of acne. You can not do shugaring in the following cases:
- If you have a disease such as diabetes;
- For allergies to sugar / honey;
- If you suffer from epilepsy;
- In severe forms of vascular diseases, as well as, for example, if you have varicose veins;
- With herpes and viral diseases, if they have an active stage;
- With skin diseases, as well as if there are abrasions or wounds;
- Do not do shugaring with a variety of tumors, you need to bypass areas with moles, warts;
- Categorically it is impossible to do the procedure for sunburns, after undergoing chemical peeling, going to the solarium.
Remember that when you perform the procedure, the dermis usually turns slightly red. This is a kind of small side effect after shugaring. After a couple of hours, she will return to her normal state. However, the substance may cause more negative effects. This may be the appearance of pustules, for example. This result will be a consequence of non-hygiene. In this case, it is worth treating the area with an antiseptic. And from the inept use of the paste, even small bruises may appear.
Accordingly, shugaring requires a certain amount of time, as well as special knowledge and experience. If you follow all the requirements, perform the procedure efficiently and slowly, then the result will be the one that you expected.
How to do it right?
You can make the procedure both in the beauty parlor and at home. The technology itself is quite simple. To begin with, a caramel mass is made. It should be pretty sticky. Then this mixture is distributed evenly over the hair growth surface of the area where there is undesirable vegetation. After this, the mixture is removed with adhering hairs in the direction of their growth.
It is worth noting that the time of the manipulation will take from thirty to sixty minutes, various factors will play a role in this. Before carrying out the procedure, it is worthwhile to thoroughly treat the necessary area with a degreasing lotion and talcum powder. Then the adhesion of the hairs will be the best. After the procedure, it is worth applying a special cream to soothe the skin a little and conduct cell regeneration.
As for the heat of sugar paste, it should be close to the temperature of the human body. Before the procedure itself, the entire consistency should be warmed up. You can do this in a water bath, but a microwave is also suitable. Keep the paste in the refrigerator.
Ladies who are faced with this procedure for the first time usually do not know how to use sugar paste. Consider the basic techniques:
- Bandage. This option is the application of the sugar mixture to the dermis with a spatula. Fabric strips are glued to the top, then they are suddenly torn off. This mechanism is very similar to waxing.
- Manual technique. This type of shugaring is done using hands. A hard consistency or medium consistency is used. It is applied to your desired skin area. Then the drug is removed using hands. This requires good dexterity and dexterity, as well as special skills. Moreover, the harder the mixture, the more difficult it will be to carry out the procedure.
How to do shugaring at home, see the video below.
What is needed except pasta?
It is worth buying a special kit for shugaring in the store. This may include, in addition to sugar paste, a lotion to prepare the dermis for the procedure, a cream after shugaring, talcum powder, spatulas for applying the substance, special products to slow down hair growth, and detailed instructions. The set can also be picked up independently, saving your savings.
How to warm up?
You can heat the paste in the microwave. However, you cannot precisely control the temperature of the mixture. Therefore, it may overheat. The capacity must be put in the microwave for thirty seconds at minimum power or five at maximum. You should be especially careful here.
If the substance becomes very liquid and hot, it will stick to the skin and leave a burn.
Comparison before and after
If you compare the results before and after, then you will be pleasantly surprised. The skin will become smooth and silky. The effect can last up to three weeks. At the same time, it is important to correctly and accurately carry out the procedure itself. This is a guarantee of a positive result.
How much is enough?
As for how long the result lasts, it all depends on individual characteristics. If you just started this procedure, then smooth skin can remain for two to four weeks. In any case, each time the hairs will become thinner, it will be easier to cope with them.
Subsequent Skin Care
After the procedure, the dermis requires special care. Do not neglect this rule. Treat the hair removal area with antibacterial drugs. So you can avoid infection. Using a special tool, for example, "Solcoseryl", you can prevent irritation, itching and swelling. Of course, it is worth moisturizing the skin with a special lotion or milk.
It is possible to carry out moisturizing procedures for several days after shugaring. They will help to effectively restore the water balance of the skin.To avoid ingrown hairs, it is worth adding to the moisturizing and scrubbing procedure.
You will learn about skin care after shugaring in the next video.
Of course, mostly ingrown hairs occur when shaving the dermis, but also this nuisance can also occur if the shugaring is used incorrectly. Also, negative consequences can be irritation and discomfort. To avoid all this, you should not wet the treated areas for ten hours, for a couple of days refrain from tanning, as well as visiting the bath. Do not use regular deodorant, it is better to replace it with powder. After epilation of the intimate area, you should sleep a couple of nights without underwear. In the afternoon, it is better to use loose linen and cotton products.
Do not immediately go to training and subject the body to heavy loads.
Advantages and disadvantages
This procedure has many advantages, which we have already described throughout the article. Advantages include excellent hair removal, smooth skin, no allergies, etc. As for the minuses, here we can highlight the fact that the procedure does not eliminate hair one hundred percent. For a second procedure, hairs should be grown to 3 mm. Accordingly, not everyone likes to go with them until the next removal procedure.
Does it hurt?
Many ladies say that shugaring is a virtually painless procedure. Even sensitive girls who have a low pain threshold say that pain is tolerable even in the most delicate areas.
Thus, this advantage often attracts both women and men to use sugar depilation.
Which is better - epilator or shugaring?
What to use an epilator or shugaring is, of course, for everyone to decide. At the same time, many women say that shugaring has more positive aspects.. But the epilator is quite painful, and can also stimulate the appearance of ingrown hairs.
Among the many reviews, we can distinguish those that talk about the benefits of shugaring. Many women choose this type of hair removal. It is virtually painless and also helps to make the dermis smooth for a long period of time. Ladies celebrate the high quality of the paste. You can purchase the product in any store. You can also cook it yourself. This will help you save your family budget. Now you don’t need to visit expensive beauty salons anymore, it’s enough to purchase cheap ingredients that will make an effective product.
It is worth noting the simplicity of the procedure, as well as the naturalness of the ingredients. The paste is hypoallergenic. Therefore, it can even be used by sensitive people.
We examined the features and benefits of shugaring. Now you can use this procedure, armed with basic knowledge. It is worth remembering contraindications to avoid undesirable consequences. Also, do not rush when performing the procedure.