Design gel polish for short nails
Modern fashion is becoming more and more focused on practicality and is easily integrated into everyday life. Design with gel polish for short nails is a current trend that has reconciled the perfect manicure with convenience. At the same time, the minimum length is not to the detriment of the beautiful design of short nails.
Long nails are feminine and stylish, but not always convenient.
Office workers, athletes, musicians, masseuses, doctors and representatives of many other professions, because of the specifics of their work, can only afford a shortened form.
There are those who choose a minimalist length according to personal taste preferences or because of the fragility of the nail plates, which are difficult to grow.
The spring-summer season in the fashion world has turned practicality into an actual trend, and today short nails are at the peak of popularity. As for the shape, it can be any - round, square, oval, but not pointed.
A modest length requires compliance with some rules:
- Cut manicure is preferable to European. There is nothing wrong with choosing a quick and harmless unedged manicure, but on short nails the cuticle “eats” a millimeter of space under the varnish. Convinced supporters of European beauty standards should pay special attention to the condition of their cuticles. It should always be pushed back and oiled;
- If the fingers are not aristocratic in length, it is recommended to look at the oval or round shape of the nail plate. A square with softly rounded edges is more suitable for those with narrow and long fingers;
- Wide nails are contraindicated in horizontal stripes. Such a pattern will not make them more beautiful or elegant, but only shorten the already laconic length. Thin longitudinal lines and a little trick will help to visually stretch a wide nail - covering the nails with varnish, do not paint 1-2 mm on the side;
- On short nails, not a single shade of varnish will look defiant;
- It is better to use several alternating colors on one nail using the ombre technique. The clearly defined borders of the strips visually "cut" the nail, creating an unnecessary width effect;
- The maximum number of colors in a manicure is three;
- Do not make a wide jacket. Trying to beautifully portray a "smile" along the edge of a nail that does not protrude above the finger is a difficult and thankless task. Even if it turns out beautiful, the jacket will visually shorten the nail plate, which will ultimately look unattractive;
- Patterns should not be too small or too large. Almond-shaped nails will decorate small flowers, monochrome coverings of rich shades are suitable round, geometry and graphic patterns will look beneficial on square ones;
- Acrylic sculpting and volumetric decor are strictly prohibited;
- Dark coating is more effective than light. He looks advantageous and successfully emphasizes the deliberately minimalistic length;
- Sequins are permissible in everyday manicure. Rhinestones, shine and glitter varnishes on long nails look elaborate and attract too much attention, but on short, on the contrary, it is worth experimenting with the fashion trend. Due to the minimalism of manicure, this solution is original and appropriate;
- Do not forget about the variety of textures. Simple matte or velvet manicure is still in trend.
Design with gel polish on short nails gives rich scope for imagination.
Top trends in short nails manicure:
- Optimal length - 2-3 mm above the tip of the finger;
- Round priority
- Delicate palette. Stylists around the world promote femininity and minimalism, so the most popular are sand, cream, peach, blue, pale pink shades, the color of a dusty rose;
- Bicolor. Restrained and refined pastel shades do not suit everyone in character, but there is an interesting solution to this problem - a manicure of two colors.
The combination can be varied: bright pastel shades (peach plus yellow), delicate pastel (a classic combination of blue and pink), nude and bright shade (pale yellow and colorful orange). In two-tone manicure, it is better to refrain from French classics with a "smile" on the tip of the nail;
Gradient. The technique of transition from one color to another again comes to the forefront. A combination of shades of one gamut or several pastels, for example, pink and white, raspberry and blue, looks very impressive.
- Monochrome coating. Everything new is well forgotten old. After many years of experimenting with nail design, classic plain manicure has returned to fashion. It is better to give preference to pearlescent and satin gel varnishes, and to shimmer ones for later;
- Incredible geometry. One of the most stylish prints of this year is geometric patterns and lines. On the nails can be depicted in any combination. The chaotic arrangement of figures and asymmetry are welcome;
- Modified service jacket. It is impossible to do classic manicure on short nails, but if you really want to, then you can. The main thing is that the nail protrudes 3-4 mm above the fingertip, and the combination of colors is not faceless.
Unusual combinations are characteristic of the modern jacket: a green base and beige edges, a light core and a bright stroke along the edge of the entire nail with an emphasis on a "smile", a matte finish and a silver or golden tip.
Also a great option - oblique service jacket.
- Lunar manicure. This "reverse jacket" is like nothing else for the design of short marigolds. There are a lot of variations of this manicure:
The hole at the base of the nail stands out in a contrasting color;
"The combined moon" - emphasis on both the base and the tip of the nail at the same time. It is advisable that both "smiles" are executed in the same color;
Satin and Gloss Combination. As a rule, a matte finish acts as a background, and the hole stands out with a contrasting glossy varnish;
Metallic luster. This is an integral part of the season, which can figure both in clothes, and in manicure, and makeup. Shades of precious metals are recommended to be combined with cocktail dresses and formal dresses. For everyday looks in the new season, “metallic” is already outdated;
Patterns. Even if the nails are short, I want to diversify the manicure with beautiful drawings. This can and even needs to be done, however, it is necessary to apply drawings taking into account the peculiarities of the visual perception of large and small details on a small nail plate;
United techniques. At the peak of popularity, the coating is “assorted” - when the nails are “dressed” in all the best at once in the good sense of the word. The combination of two different techniques gives an interesting result. “Broken glass” and French manicure, a hole and an ombre, alternation of “smiles” and moons, a “mirror” jacket look beautiful;
"Negative spaces. " A new technique, which involves partially decorated with a pattern, and partially "bare" nails. A bright pattern is performed with colored gels, colorless as a transparent base;
Feng Shui. This is a new manicure read with an emphasis on one finger. Now this is not just a highlighted nail, but an emphasis on a certain value. For example, for those who want to get married, stylists recommend highlighting the fingernail on the ring finger;
Flight of fancy. Any creative design with stripes, smiles, flowers and leaves will look beneficial.
A manicure in colors corresponding to the time of the year will always be relevant.
Spring implies fresh, delicate, vibrant shades of awakening nature. Spring manicure can be white, blue, pink, cornflower blue, lavender, pale yellow, lilac. A light shade will look self-sufficient in a monochrome manicure. Suitable for spring days, classic French chic.
Summer design allows you to add dynamism, color and enthusiasm to the image. Floral and fruit motifs, multi-colored varnishes, summer-themed drawings, marine-style manicures, rich, “ripe” colors: red, raspberry, emerald, orange, lemon are popular.
Autumn more muffled, calm, but at the same time bright. Dark, noble shades look beautiful on short nails: deep blue, wine, brown, golden. A design with imitation of expensive fabrics - velvet, velor, cashmere, and matte coatings will play in a special way in the autumn period.
Winter makes it possible to experiment simultaneously with dark and light shades of the cold and warm spectrum. As never before, a "knitted" manicure of pastel colors. Drawings with New Year's themes, decor in the form of elegant frosty patterns, sparkling silver and mirror surfaces, glitters, sparkles, cinnamon color, red, deep greens attract attention.
Some color schemes deserve special attention.
Perhaps the most controversial shade of the palette. Some still consider it too defiant and rebellious, others see it exclusively as smoothie-rockers, gloomy goths and girls in black and pink clothes, and still others know that black manicure has long become a classic in the fashion world and is actively using it in everyday looks.
The expressiveness of this color will advantageously emphasize short nails, visually make them narrower and more accurate.
A wide range of coatings will help turn a simple black manicure into an original solution for nail design. You can apply the coating using enamels, pearlescent varnishes, matte textures, mirror, glitter and holographic products, gel polish and shellac.
Black is a good base for creating designs on short nails. The combination with contrasting light shades looks most interesting: white, nude, beige. Achromatic manicure has long become a classic, including various combinations of white, black and gray colors. Advantageously emphasizes the depth of the dark shade by the addition of silver, golden, mirror elements. Elegant and expensive velvet coating.
Shades of red, like black are subject to stereotypes. This color with character is often called vulgar, defiant, screaming, and on very long nails it can really look like this. However, the modest length of the nails, barely protruding beyond the fingertips, eliminates these qualities. Remaining bright, the red color becomes appropriate at work, at school, and on a date.
Depending on the depth of the shade, red is combined with different colors. So, the classic color harmoniously looks with white, black, brown, green and blue.
Its neighbor in the spectrum - tomato - with creamy, mint, gray, sandy, blue.
Cherry composes with beige, azure, orange.
Very saturated, mainly summer shade. Due to its brightness, it is an independent shade and does not require additional decor. Using a pink coating, you can experiment with the shape of the nails, giving it a smoother outline, elongated or square.
In terms of color compatibility with pink, coffee-colored varnishes, mint, white, olive, turquoise, gray and sky blue are complimentary.
Dark pink looks great next to lemon, mint, and chocolate.
Despite its simplicity, freshness and innocence, white is rarely chosen to cover the entire nail plate. Meanwhile, white looks perfect on nails, fits any clothes, and looks beneficial as a base for design.
The most unusual manicure with white color is “naked”. Such a design implies interspersing of transparent elements through which the native color of the nail plate is visible.
Beautifully combined white with gold. A small amount of decorative elements of this color is enough, and a neutral manicure will sparkle in a new way.
Bright color spots are visible on a white background, for example, a gastronomic summer theme with fruits. Oblique jacket and sequins easily revive the creamy range.
An option for stylish and courageous. A deep, saturated shade looks amazing both on its own and in combination with silver, golden, metallic shades. In color, the electrician harmonizes with various variations of brown, gray, golden yellow.
Dark blue is an excellent tandem with a blue, gray, green spectrum, purple, light lemon, red, white, fuchsia.
Nail design in nude shades, despite the apparent simplicity, is an elegant and versatile option for any age and position. On short nails, it looks as natural as possible and visually lengthens the fingers.
In order for the beige varnish to look perfect, its color should be in tone with the natural color of the skin, and the nail plate should be even and well-groomed.
When choosing materials for the design of short nails, you should pay attention to gel polishes.
Advantages of gel polish:
- This coating looks better due to its dense texture. The varnish lies evenly on the nails, forming a perfectly smooth, shiny surface;
- Gel polish lasts longer. This is facilitated by the number of layers and their total thickness, as well as the ideal "adhesion" of products during the polymerization. Subject to the rules of application, gel polish does not exfoliate and does not peel off within 3-4 weeks;
- It does not harm the health of the nail plates, so it can be used without restrictions. Gel coating protects the native plate from damage, cracks and brittleness;
- It does not have an unpleasant chemical smell;
- Easy to learn technology at home.
For those who save their time on beauty treatments, there is an alternative to gel polish - shellac. It also provides a resistant coating that withstands sports and contacts with household chemicals and retains its original appearance until removed, but is applied twice as fast due to fewer layers.
Design with gel polish is a salon procedure, however, the application scheme is quite simple. To master it yourself, you first need to remember how professionals do manicure or attend special courses where the steps are described step by step, and secondly, purchase a complete set for creating a home manicure.
Coverage and design at home occurs in stages.
First you need to prepare your hands and nails for the procedure. For this you will need: a bath with iodine-saline solution, scissors, tweezers, an orange stick for unedged manicure, cuticle oil.
First of all, you need to immerse your fingers in a warm solution with the addition of sea salt and iodine, so that the cuticle and burrs are more easily removed. While the skin is soaked, the beneficial components of salt strengthen and nourish the nails.
When the cuticle becomes sufficiently malleable, it needs to be moved with an orange stick to the edge of the nail or cut off with a special tool, then process the rollers and remove the burrs. After that, apply a little oil to the line of the well.
When the nails are dry, you can proceed to the second stage - shaping and length. Here you can not do without a nail file made of natural materials, a polisher for nails and manicure scissors.
Having given the desired shape to the nails, it's time to move on to gel polish and design. Gel manicure is impossible without: primer, base, top, colored varnishes, UV lamps. For design, acrylic and brushes are used.
Coating always starts with degreasing the nail plate with a special tool (you can use alcohol). Next come the primer and base. The application of color coating depends on the desired design. Each new elephant must be sent for polymerization.
If an acrylic pattern is applied over a colored coating, it must be covered with a transparent top and dried under a lamp.
The sticky layer is removed with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol.
Nail design at home involves the use of improvised tools:
- Brushes. They should be very thin and narrow, made of quality materials, without sticking out and falling out hairs. For some small parts, you can use a flat brush with a beveled edge;
- Needles. The longer and thinner the tool, the more accurate the pattern it will make. The tip of the needle must be cleaned from the previous coat of paint before starting work. So that the point does not scratch the nail plate, apply the drawing on top of the first layer of varnish. Alternatively, you can use toothpicks;
- Freehand drawing template. Having trained on a piece of paper, it will be easier to transfer the design to your nails;
- Pages from print media. "Newspaper" manicure looks good on short nails 3-5 mm. All that is needed to complete it is a fragment of a page with a beautiful font or inscription and a little perseverance;
- Sponge. A regular foam sponge for washing dishes is an excellent tool for creating an ombre manicure. This is done quite simply, you just need to apply a gradient to the sponge, print it on the nails and cover it with a transparent base;
- Foil. Needed to create an expensive "mirror" manicure;
- Water tank. Water manicure is one of the simplest and most original. You can use any number of colors, and the pattern will always be unique. The most important thing about using this technique is to protect your skin from varnish. You can do this with tape, PVA glue, or a thick layer of petroleum jelly.
Visual lesson on creating a fashion design "Geometry in Pastel" - in the next video